The Superyacht Captains’ Forum opens the business sessions at YARE 2019
On Thursday 21st March, day-two of the event, YARE will host The Superyacht Captains’ Forum, organized by The Superyacht Group.
As an essential part of the YARE calendar, the Forum is a full day event providing expert insight into the current issues of the superyacht market and candid discussions on a range of subjects pertinent to the refit sector.
Through the Forum, YARE brings together around 100 Captains to analyze the industry’s current shape and confront data from an international point of view. Along with the Captains, the participating companies will attend the workshops and round tables, focused on specific topics.
PROGRAMME of the Superyacht Captains’ Forum 2019: 21st March – Il Principino Congress Centre, Viareggio
08:45 – 09:30 Guests registration
09:30 – 10:00 Introductions and Welcome Address
10:00 – 11:00 The State of the Market – New Build & Refit Sectors
11:00 – 11:20 Coffee Break
11:20 – 12:50 The YARE Debate – What Captains & Managers really think
12:50 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 Captains Round Tables and Workshops
- Comparing Refit Tender Documents – Improving the Refit Bid Process
- The Value of a Paint Surveyor / Inspector / Expert – How, When and Why?
- The Winter Home Port – Refit, Maintenance and Services – What do Captains want?
- Integrating Planned Maintenance to improve Refit Project Planning
- How to implement an environmental and low carbon impact culture for Superyachts & Shipyards
- Has ISM improved the Safety Culture on Superyachts?
15:00 – 15:30 Tea Break
15:30 – 16:30 Captains Round Tables and Workshops
- Preventing Disputes and Litigation in Refit Contracts
- The Art of Project Management – How to Approach Your First Project.
- How to extend the life of your Paint System
- Exploring the Future Fiscal Landscape – What can we expect from Customs?
- Are you Covered – Understanding your Insurance Policy in Refit Mode.
- Ceramic Coatings and Other Paint Protections Systems – When to use them?
16:30 – 17:15 The “Passarelle Pitch” Captains Den
A group of selected companies participating in YARE are invited to deliver a pitch of their product, technology or service to the wider audience of Captains, Managers, Shipyards and YARE Partners. The criteria are that it must be new, unique and innovative. Everyone in the audience can rate the speech with a Happy Blue Captain or Sad Red Captain on either side, the pitch that receives the most “Happy Captains Cards” wins a prize to spend with The Superyacht Group on marketing activities.
17:15 – 17:45 Closing Remarks and ISYL Awards (Italian Superyacht Life)
17:45 – 18:30 Drinks and Networking
20:00 – 23:30 Gala Dinner @Real Collegio, Lucca